Let’s face it – Deciding what to wear on Race Day is important! And your next Flavor Run is no different! So, with Halloween and costumes on our minds, the Flavor Run Team has put together a list of DOs and DO NOTs for Flavor Run Race Day attire:
Flavor Run DOs:
Wear White! (Remember: this shirt will be covered in fruit flavored
color powder – Wear something that you don’t mind getting colored OR purchase a white Flavor Run t-shirt or tank top at the Flavor Store!)
Accent your outfit with bright colors (Think: tutus, flavor shades, and crazy socks, oh my!)
Wear your Flavor Tattoos and Race Bib!
Remember to wear good shoes! (Remember, your shoes will probably get pretty flavorful also – Wear a pair you don’t mind getting powder on!)
Flavor Run DO NOTs:
Wear you Flavor Shirt: You’re Flavor Shirt is bright and awesome looking – Save it for a day when are aren’t going to be covered in delicious flavored color powder (the powder won’t come out completely and will stain your shirt).
Run with items that you want to keep clean and free of flavor! If you want to run with your phone, make sure to put it in a zip lock bag!To learn more about the Flavor Run and check out our upcoming events go to www.FlavorRun.com
The Flavor Run Sarasota is going to be one delicious event!
The Flavor Run 5k is headed to Sarasota! You heard correctly, the Flavor Run Team is super excited to bring our delicious 5k fun run to the Premier Sports Campus at Lakewood Ranch on November 22, 2014!What?! You haven’t signed up yet? Don’t worry – You can still purchase tickets! Go to the Flavor Run Sarasota webpage and select “Register Now”. Better yet: Use the discount code: SARASOTASAVE15 to receive $15 off!
Beyond the Spectrum – Our Awesome Charity Partner
A portion of the proceeds generated from the Flavor Run Sarasota will be donated to Beyond the Spectrum. Beyond the Spectrum’s Mission is to serve the children and families in our community affected by autism and related disorders. By providing individualized therapeutic and educational services and utilizing the expertise of our professionally trained staff, our goal is for each child to achieve their highest potential in a safe, caring and family friendly environment.
A Delicious Fruit Finish Line & Post-Run Flavor Festival
Who wants to go home after running the most delicious 5k you life?! Not Us!!! Once you receive your Delicious Finisher Medal, come join your friends and family at the Flavorlicious Fruit Tent for a refreshing snack! We know you’re covered in fruit-flavored color powder, but the Flavor Run team says, “What’s even better than being covered in fruit? Answer: Being covered in fruit AND eating it too!” We promise, fresh Oranges, Strawberries, Bananas, Watermelon, and Blueberries will have never tasted so good!Of course, what’s a Flavor Festival without some sweet tunes to jam to! Get it!? You’re covered in fruit and ready to “jam” out to some music! (Yes. We just went there.) We are super excited to have DJ Jake Dela Cruz perform at the Flavor Run Sarasota! Now, DJ Jake is no ordinary DJ – He’s been a professional DJ for about 4 years now, and while that might not seem to be a very long time, it’s pretty incredible when you consider that he’s just 13 years old!! Not only is DJ Jake the youngest DJ we know, he’s also one of the best and most sought after in the Tampa Bay Community!
Amazing Event Sponsors at the Flavor Run Sarasota
The Post-Run Flavor Festival is also a great opportunity to check out our Flavor Run Sponsors that have helped make it possible for us to put on this delicious event. There will be some delicious free samples, a few super cool gifts that we will raffle off, and a lot of great information on how to support some great local businesses in the Sarasota Community. Make sure to check out our Flavor Run Sarasota to stay updated on the newest sponsors joining our team!
1.) Pace Yourself: The Flavor Run™ provides an experience that is more than just a run or a fitness walk, it is about getting outside and doing something healthy with your friends and family. Walk it, stroll it, wheel it, or run it, our Flavor Team will provide you with all the support you need on race day.
Flavor Note: Warm up by stretching. Pace yourself, stay hydrated, and have fun.
2. EASY Pre – Flavor Race Day Check In: If this is your first 5k or your 10th 5k, preparing for race day is still a grand idea. One of the first things you need to do PRIOR to race day is visit the Flavor Check-In Party before race day. It is important to pick up your Flavor Run Swag because it will save you tons of time on the real race day.
Flavor Note: Flavor Check-In Party: Location/Date announced 1 week prior to race day. Yes, you can pick-up for friends. (just have them fill out a pick-up waiver)
3. Awesome Flavor Swag: Tons of it! An exclusive Flavor Shirt, Flavor Tattoo, Fruit Flavored Color Packet, Flavor Race Bib, and Flavor Medal! (See number 10)
Flavor Note: Packet Pickup & Race Day, we have an awesome Flavor Store just in case you want more ☺
4. Flavorteer Support: This is a HUGE factor for us on race day! Flavor Volunteers help us throw flavored color powder, provide you with plenty of H2O, and support participants
Flavor Note: Please thank your volunteers. They are there for you!
5. Supportive Family & Friends: Your whole family will want to come support you because it’s not too early and they will have something to do! “We don’t have to wake up at 5am! Okay! we will go with you” – Aunt Jenny
Flavor Note: Tell them to wear clothing they don’t mind getting Flavor Powder on 😉
6. Flavor Run™ for a Cause: All of The Flavor Runs give a portion of the proceeds to a local charity. In the past we have aligned ourselves with charities who focus on helping children and their families. We hope to continue this trend as The Flavor Run™ consists of mostly families.
Flavor Note: There is a reason our slogan is “Family Fun, Delicious Run”.
7. Flavor Powder Fun: This is not your typical “color run”, all Flavor Volunteers are instructed to cover you in the fruit flavored powder. (below your face lol) The powder is FDA approved, non-toxic, super safe, and super delicious. You get blueberried, strawberried, banana, graped, watermeloned, and oranged. And you will never know how much fun it is until it happens to you
Flavor Note: Bring a towel to put on your seats in the car.
8. Pre-Race Delicious Activities: Depending on the location, The Flavor Run plans on having a local Zumba/Fitness leader in the community get on stage to get us warmed up before the Start. It is extremely important to stretch those muscles and get the blood flowing before you begin your journey.
Flavor Note: Don’t rush. Take your time and enjoy the Flavor Zone area.
9. Post-Race Delicious Activities: What more could you ask for; fresh fruit, water at the flavor finish line, local vendors, children’s activities, live entertainment, and fun picture taking opportunities.
Flavor Note: SMILE! You just finished and are covered in delicious flavored powder!
10. Flavor Finisher Medal (The only “color run” with a medal!): Yes, this is an un-timed event, but we believe in the FLAVOR BLING. Finishing approx. 3.1 miles deserves a memento to remember your first or even you 100th race event so that is why our team has designed awesome Finisher Medals when you cross that finish line!
Flavor Note: You are awesome and deserve it!
So gear up, start your training, eat healthy, and know that the Flavor Team has designed an event keeping you, your family, and friends in mind. Thank you, and we will see you Flavor Race Day!
JACKSONVILLE, FL (January 23, 2014) – The Jacksonville Area & the Town of Nocatee welcomes a unique new family event called The Flavor Run. The race is a whole new take on the popular colored powdered runs. This new family fun 5K supports local communities and businesses through a unique experience that engages all the senses; sight, smell, touch, hearing and TASTE. Yes. FRUIT FLAVORED POWDER; blueberry, strawberry, watermelon, grape, banana, and orange.
The event will be held/hosted in the town of NOCATEE (www.Nocatee.com) on Saturday, April 5th, 2014 with the first wave starting at 9AM. Registration for the event opened on December 1, 2013 and runners can register at http://www.FlavorRun.com.
The Flavor Run is meant for all levels and ages of runners. This 5K promotes a fun, family, community event where participants are coated from head to toe in different colored, fruit flavored, celebration powder at each mile. These FDA approved, all natural flavors, including banana, orange, grape, strawberry, watermelon, and blueberry will be spread throughout the run at aptly named “flavor stations” where runners will be covered with the powder as they run by. To continue with the family friendly atmosphere, there will also be a one-mile family run.
The two amazing Charity Partners chosen by The Flavor Run are the HEAL Foundation & Camp Boggy Creek. The HEAL Foundation which serves as an outreach organization providing, educational programs and camps tailored to the needs of our Autism Community. Camp Boggy Creek’s mission is to foster a spirit of joy by creating a free, safe and medically sound camp environment that enriches the lives of children with serious illnesses and their families.
About The Flavor Run
The Flavor Run 5k supports local charities and local businesses through creating a unique fun run engaging all of your senses; taste, smell, touch, hearing, and sight. During this family friendly 5k, there will be Flavor Stations that will cover you in fruit flavored (FDA Approved/All Natural Corn Starch) celebration color powder followed by a refreshing taste of delicious fruits. Visit http://www.FlavorRun.com to learn more.
Contact Us if you would like to be a guest Blogger FlavorRun@gmail.com